Don't add fuel to the fire
Symptoms of rosacea can be sparked, or triggered, by a wide variety of factors. Triggers vary from person to person, so try to identify what may be causing your flare-ups and then practice avoiding them.
Common triggers include:
- Sun exposure
- Strong winds
- Alcohol: red wines, beer, bourbon, gin, vodka or champagne
- Hot drinks: coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider
- Spicy and thermally hot foods
- Food high in histamine (which causes inflammation), notably fermented vinegars and soy sauce
- Fermented cheeses — cheddar, brie, swiss, parmesan, roquefort
- Sour foods — yogurt, sour cream, also sourdough bread, pumpernickel, yeast
- Processed beef and pork and canned fish products — anchovies, tuna, herring, mackerel
- Dried fruits — raisins, prunes, figs and dates
- Certain other fruits and vegetables — spinach, tomato, eggplant, avocado, pumpkin
- Broad-leaf beans and pods, including peas and lima and navy beans
- Citrus fruits
- Chronic cough
- Caffeine withdrawal syndrome
Simple lifestyle adjustments, like limiting sun exposure, relieving stress and avoiding personal food triggers, can go a long way in minimizing flare-ups.
*For insured patients only. Certain limitations apply. Click here for program details.
ORACEA® (OR-RAY-SHA) Program Details For All Savings Offers
For insured patients only
1. This offer is not valid if prescriptions are paid by any state or other
federally funded programs, including, but not limited to Medicare or
Medicaid, Medigap, VA, DOD or TriCare. 2. This card is good for use
only with an ORACEA® prescription at the time the prescription is filled
by the pharmacist and dispensed to the patient. 3. Offer good only in
the USA at participating retail pharmacies and cannot be redeemed at
government-subsidized clinics. 4. Galderma Laboratories, L.P. reserves
the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice at any
time. 5. The selling, purchasing, trading, or counterfeiting of this card
is prohibited by law. 6. Cash value is 1/100th of 1¢. 7. By using this card,
you demonstrate that you understand and agree to comply with the
terms and conditions of this offer as set forth on this card.
8. For processing questions, please call 1-877-318-9527. Phone lines are
open 24 hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET Saturday, and
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET Sunday.
9. This offer is available for a limited time.
Other Program Information
- Effective January 2012, the Oracea Care Card will have a maximum benefit of $325.
- Effective January 2012, the Oracea RxSaver Card will have a maximum benefit of $325.
- Effective October 1st, 2012, the Oracea Patient Savings Card will have a maximum benefit of $325.
Important Safety Information
Indication: ORACEA® is indicated for the treatment of only inflammatory lesions (papules and pustules) of rosacea in adult patients. Adverse Events: In controlled clinical studies, the most commonly reported adverse events (>2%) in patients treated with ORACEA were nasopharyngitis, sinusitis, diarrhea, hypertension and aspartate aminotransferase increase. Warnings/Precautions: ORACEA should not be used to treat or prevent infections. ORACEA should not be taken by patients who have a known hypersensitivity to doxycycline or other tetracyclines. ORACEA should not be taken during pregnancy, by nursing mothers, or during tooth development (up to the age of 8 years). Although photosensitivity was not observed in clinical trials, ORACEA patients should minimize or avoid exposure to natural or artificial sunlight. The efficacy of ORACEA treatment beyond 16 weeks and safety beyond 9 months have not been established.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch
or call 1-800-FDA-1088.