On The Surface (What you see)
Rosacea, with its red-faced, acne-like appearance, is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition with signs and symptoms that include:
- Tendency to blush or flush easily
- Persistent facial redness
- Small visible blood vessels
- Bumps and pus-filled pimples on the face (inflammatory papules and pustules)
- Facial discomfort—burning or stinging sensation, tightness, dryness or itch
- Burning, itching, or watery eyes and/or swollen eyelids
- Thickening skin on the nose, cheeks and/or forehead
While the exact cause of rosacea is unknown, researchers generally agree the process involves dilation of small blood vessels in the face.
And Beneath (How you feel)
With 16 million Americans affected, rosacea is a common condition. You're not alone.
Living with rosacea goes beyond the physical symptoms. Emotional discomfort is common, too. In a survey conducted by the National Rosacea Society† of more than 1,200 rosacea patients:
- 76% of patients surveyed said rosacea lowered their self-confidence
- 41% said it caused them to avoid public or social engagements
For some, the physical appearance of rosacea can cause significant
Sound familiar? Seek help! Studies on rosacea patients found that as symptoms improved with effective treatment, so did quality of life.
In a patient experience program of 891 patients being treated with ORACEA®, average (or mean) confidence level of patients regarding their skin's appearance increased after one month of use.
Review the benefits of ORACEA®.
It's never too soon. The best time to start working with a dermatologist is early on while symptoms are still mild—so you can develop a management plan to help you keep them that way.
*For insured patients only. Certain limitations apply. Click here for program details.
ORACEA® (OR-RAY-SHA) Program Details For All Savings Offers
For insured patients only
1. This offer is not valid if prescriptions are paid by any state or other
federally funded programs, including, but not limited to Medicare or
Medicaid, Medigap, VA, DOD or TriCare. 2. This card is good for use
only with an ORACEA® prescription at the time the prescription is filled
by the pharmacist and dispensed to the patient. 3. Offer good only in
the USA at participating retail pharmacies and cannot be redeemed at
government-subsidized clinics. 4. Galderma Laboratories, L.P. reserves
the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice at any
time. 5. The selling, purchasing, trading, or counterfeiting of this card
is prohibited by law. 6. Cash value is 1/100th of 1¢. 7. By using this card,
you demonstrate that you understand and agree to comply with the
terms and conditions of this offer as set forth on this card.
8. For processing questions, please call 1-877-318-9527. Phone lines are
open 24 hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET Saturday, and
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET Sunday.
9. This offer is available for a limited time.
Other Program Information
- Effective January 2012, the Oracea Care Card will have a maximum benefit of $325.
- Effective January 2012, the Oracea RxSaver Card will have a maximum benefit of $325.
- Effective October 1st, 2012, the Oracea Patient Savings Card will have a maximum benefit of $325.
ORACEA® (OR-AY-SHA) Care Card Program Information
1. This offer is not valid in Massachusetts and for prescriptions reimbursed in whole or in part by Medicaid, Medicare, or federal or state programs (including any state prescription drug program). 2. This card is good for use only with an ORACEA® prescription at the time the prescription is filled by the pharmacist and dispensed to the patient. 3. Offer good only in the USA at participating retail pharmacies and cannot be redeemed at government-subsidized clinics. 4. Galderma Laboratories, L.P., reserves the right to rescind, revoke or amend this offer without notice at any time. 5. The selling, purchasing, trading or counterfeiting of this card is prohibited by law. 6. Cash value is 1/100th of 1 cent. 7. By using this card, you demonstrate that you understand and agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this offer as forth on this card.
Program expires December 31, 2012. For processing questions, please call 1-877-318-9527 from 8am – 9pm ET, Monday through Friday, and 9am – 5pm ET, Saturday.
METROGEL® 1% Co-pay Card Program Information
Offers not valid for prescriptions reimbursed under any federal or state healthcare program, including any state medical assistance programs. Offer void where prohibited by law, taxed or restricted. Offer good only in the USA. Galderma reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice at any time. Restricted in Massachusetts to prescriptions that are not reimbursed by any third-party payor. Offer good for savings up to $80.
For processing questions, please call 1-866-954-5516.
Important Safety Information
Indication: ORACEA® is indicated for the treatment of only inflammatory lesions (papules and pustules) of rosacea in adult patients. Adverse Events: In controlled clinical studies, the most commonly reported adverse events (>2%) in patients treated with ORACEA were nasopharyngitis, sinusitis, diarrhea, hypertension and aspartate aminotransferase increase. Warnings/Precautions: ORACEA should not be used to treat or prevent infections. ORACEA should not be taken by patients who have a known hypersensitivity to doxycycline or other tetracyclines. ORACEA should not be taken during pregnancy, by nursing mothers, or during tooth development (up to the age of 8 years). Although photosensitivity was not observed in clinical trials, ORACEA patients should minimize or avoid exposure to natural or artificial sunlight. The efficacy of ORACEA treatment beyond 16 weeks and safety beyond 9 months have not been established.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch
or call 1-800-FDA-1088.